Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

All roads lead to God!

Have you ever wondered why you do the things you do? What about the things that come to you so naturally? We all have a path to walk, according to the divine plan that God has for us. (Jer 29:11)

Many times, when we take that step of faith (Heb 11:1) we begin the journey that God has planned for us without really knowing where we will end up. I never would have dreamed that I would end up living in Japan, North eastern Japan, mind you, in the Northern Pacific Ocean, so far away, in my mind, from my home, my place of birth, Barbados, a small island nation in the middle of the Caribbean Sea on the Western side and on the Eastern shore by the Atlantic Ocean. The middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The closest Caribbean island nation to the African continent. Wow…

God knew me before I was formed in my mother’s womb. He knew that on this day, I would be here. Thankful, joyful, faithful, loving Him as only I can love Him. Just truly grateful for who He is in my life. My Creator. My Healer. My Restorer. My Rescuer. My Waymaker. My Provider. My Banner. My Protector. My Guide. My Teacher.

What can separate me from God? Nothing.  Rom 8:38 - 39 state, “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

I know that no matter what happens in my life, whether a supervisor despises me, a stranger has ill will or ill thoughts towards me, an acquaintance wishes evil upon me, God has full knowledge and control over me, over my life and will use my enemies as my footstool. All things work together for the good of those who are in Christ Jesus, those who Love God, those who are called according to His purpose – my paraphrase. (Rom 8:28)

Ps 136 is so defining for me of who God is, especially when I believe in my heart that “His faithful love endures forever and I continually give Him thanks. He is the Creator, the Conqueror and the Compassionate One:

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
His faithful love endures forever.
3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords.
His faithful love endures forever.

4 Give thanks to him who alone does mighty miracles.
His faithful love endures forever.
5 Give thanks to him who made the heavens so skillfully.
His faithful love endures forever.
6 Give thanks to him who placed the earth among the waters.
His faithful love endures forever.
7 Give thanks to him who made the heavenly lights
His faithful love endures forever.
8 the sun to rule the day,
His faithful love endures forever.
9 and the moon and stars to rule the night.
His faithful love endures forever.

10 Give thanks to him who killed the firstborn of Egypt.
His faithful love endures forever.
11 He brought Israel out of Egypt.
His faithful love endures forever.
12 He acted with a strong hand and powerful arm.
His faithful love endures forever.
13 Give thanks to him who parted the Red Sea.
His faithful love endures forever.
14 He led Israel safely through,
His faithful love endures forever.
15 but he hurled Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea.
His faithful love endures forever.
16 Give thanks to him who led his people through the wilderness.
His faithful love endures forever.

17 Give thanks to him who struck down mighty kings.
His faithful love endures forever.
18 He killed powerful kings
His faithful love endures forever.
19 Sihon king of the Amorites,
His faithful love endures forever.
20 and Og king of Bashan.
His faithful love endures forever.
21 God gave the land of these kings as an inheritance
His faithful love endures forever.
22 a special possession to his servant Israel.
His faithful love endures forever.

23 He remembered us in our weakness.
His faithful love endures forever.
24 He saved us from our enemies.
His faithful love endures forever.
25 He gives food to every living thing.
His faithful love endures forever.
26 Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His faithful love endures forever.

We have nothing to fear when we walk with God. We are to first have Faith. Then we must Believe. We must also Trust. Then we have Hope. Then we stay in Prayer and Praise. Sometimes we must renew our minds. We must have the vision that God has given to us. We must accept it. We must be content where we are at on the way to where we are going.
 

Have Faith – Heb 11:1 -- Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (NLT)

Trust – Prov 3;5-6 -- Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (NLT)

Believe – Mark 11:23 - 24 -- I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. (NLT)

Forgive – Mark 11: 25 -- But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. (NLT)

Pray – Matt 6:33 -- Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (NLT)

Pray, Praise and Peace – Phil 4:6- 7 -- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (NLT)

We live with Love for others at all times. Unconditional Love. Unfailing Love.

When we walk with God, we are not perfect, we are not fearful. He is the only perfect one. He gives us Love. He gives us Power. He gives us a Sound Mind. He perfects us in His timing according to His divine will and divine plan for our lives. We are walking out our soul salvation. We are allowing Him to make us over by reading our word. He Transforms Us. He Restores Us. We are allowing Him to do a new thing by singing His praises. What we put into our heart will come out of our mouth. Our actions will tell the story of our lives.

Our legacy will be based upon the things we do. We speak life to our situations. In the beginning God spoke. The earth was created. What are you speaking today? What you speak frames the life that you live and experience.

Faith – Do you have it?           (Matt 17:20)                                    

Vision – Do you write it down?        (Hab 2:2)                      

Renewal – Are you reading your word daily? (Ps 1:2)

No matter what you are dealing with today, God sees, God hears, God knows and if you bow your knees, let go of your pride, ask Him for help, submit to Him, All roads will lead to the One who Created you for His purpose and His plan.

He Is, I AM!


scripture verses are taken from www.biblegateway.com

© Princess of Faith 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment